|
|
|
|
March 9
We departed the Barra de Navidad marina this afternoon at 3pm sharp and
made our way out of the lagoon to Bahia de Navidad. We are making 6.2k
against a 6-8k headwind in clear skies and choppy seas. The swell is from
the NW at about 2-3ft and the seas are about 2ft so far and building.
We tried to time our departure from Barra to reach Cabo Corrientes at
around 6am tomorrow morning, the calmest period at this notoriously windy
cape. Weather reports from this morning predicted 10-15k at Corrientes,
which should be no problem if the forecast turns out to be true.
By time we were passing Tenacatita the winds had built to 18k and the seas
were growing. Unlike on the passage North from Acapulco, this part of the
coast is rife with excellent anchorages so we decided to pull in to
Tenacatita instead of beat against the winds. We will rest here until
tomorrow morning and leave then, in calmer weather, and continue making
our way to Puerto Vallarta.
|